The Receipts Accounting Division serves as the central coordinator for fees processed throughout the USPTO, and is responsible for the following:
- Reconciling and depositing of fees to financial institutions;
- Administering and monitoring USPTO deposit accounts;
- Processing payments and requests for patent maintenance fees;
- Coordinating and monitoring most requests for refunds; and
- Responding to a wide variety of customer inquiries.
Matthew Lee is the director of the Receipts Accounting Division.