The Financial Accounting Division provides timely processing of payment transactions to vendors, employees, and other government entities. The Financial Accounting Division processes these transactions in accordance with the Prompt Payment Act and performance guidelines provided by the OMB, the Treasury, the Department of Commerce, and the USPTO. Specific functions are as follows:
- Processing vendor invoices in accordance with the Prompt Payment Act;
- Processing interagency transactions (e.g. IPAC transactions and transactions reported by other agencies on their SF-224s);
- Processing travel vouchers for employees upon completion of governmental travel; and
- Reimbursing employees for miscellaneous "out-of-pocket" expenses incurred on the USPTO’s behalf.
The Financial Accounting Division also provides customer service to the numerous program offices throughout the USPTO:
- Public Transit Subsidy Program: Provides Metrocheck farecards to qualified employees to promote the use of public transportation.
- Travel Support Services: Obtains passports, tickets, visas, etc. for USPTO employees going on governmental travel.
- Patent and Trademark Depository Library Program: Provides guidance to program offices on the financial aspects of this program.
Sakiyna Allen is the director of the Financial Accounting Division.