Join Kathi Vidal, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), for a listening session to hear from independent inventors and small businesses in the Silicon Valley region.
Topics of discussion:
- How the USPTO supports small business and independent inventor communities
- Issues impacting independent inventors and small businesses, and ways to address them
- Initiatives at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) as they relate to independent and small business inventors
- Soody Tronson, IP Attorney, STLG Law Firm; and CEO, Presque Medical
- Dr. Leslie Grab, Vice President, Intellectual Property, Personalis
- Bao Tran, Vice President, Inventiv Foundation
- Mike Regan, Chief Innovation Officer, Fogarty Innovation
- Bobby Singh, CEO, Cellspin Soft
- Venkat Konda, Founder and CEO, Konda Technologies
“I look forward to learning from current and aspiring innovators across all regions and demographics to better understand the variety of perspectives on issues that affect them," said Director Vidal. "We are committed to working hand-in-hand with the innovation community and other government agencies to help bring innovation to impact for the betterment of society. Let this be the start of a constructive dialogue to foster an intellectual property (IP) system that works for all.”
All listening sessions are closed to press.