Join Kathi Vidal, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), for a listening session to hear from experts in the Silicon Valley region. The panel will discuss issues impacting the intellectual property community and how the USPTO can serve as a catalyst for innovation.
- Colleen Chien, Professor of Law, Santa Clara University School of Law (pending)
- Mark Lemley, William H. Neukom Professor of Law at Stanford Law School
- Rob Merges, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati Professor of Law and Co-Director, Berkeley Center for Law & Technology
- Laura Norris, Director, Entrepreneurs' Law Clinic and Tech Edge J.D. Program and Co-Director, High Tech Law Institute, Santa Clara University School of Law
- Paul Grewal (ret.) Judge, United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- Allison Schmitt, Fellow and Director, Berkeley Center for Law and Technology Life Sciences Project
“I look forward to learning from current and aspiring innovators across all regions and demographics to better understand the variety of perspectives on issues that affect them," said Director Vidal. "We are committed to working hand-in-hand with the innovation community and other government agencies to help bring innovation to impact for the betterment of society. Let this be the start of a constructive dialogue to foster an intellectual property (IP) system that works for all.”