Attend the next public meeting of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and the Patent Public Advisory Committee (PPAC) to learn more about patent-related policies, goals, and performance. You can watch the virtual public session at the following WebEx link. The PPAC advises the Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the USPTO.
Questions or comments related to the agenda can be submitted in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agenda (all times are ET):
Call to order
- PPAC Chair Steve Caltrider
- Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the USPTO Kathi Vidal
|1:10-1:40 p.m.||Breaking AI developments|
- Public AI Research Challenge: "U.S. Patent Phrase-To-Phrase Matching"
- LIVE report from the Oxford Innovation Conference for American Entrepreneurs on recent USPTO-UKIPO discussions: (1) Public and private partnerships to advance innovation and creativity (2) Sharing "Best Practices" for search and enforcement capabilities
- First public demonstration of "More Like This" AI search
- PPAC Artificial Intelligence Tools & IT Subcommittee Chair, Judge Susan Braden
- Chief Information Officer, Jamie Holcombe
- Director of Emerging Technology, Jerry Ma
- Patent Business Analyst, Jonathan Horner
|1:40-2 p.m.||Council for Inclusive Innovation and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility Subcommittee update|
- PPAC CI2 and DEIA Subcommittee Chair, Dan Brown
- PPAC CI2 and DEIA Subcommittee Vice Chair, Suzanne Harrison
- Deputy Commissioner for Patents, Valencia Martin Wallace
- PPAC Chair, Steve Caltrider