Attend the 14th Annual Design Day - CANCELED
This event has been CANCELED. If it will be rescheduled, we will publicize it when that decision is made. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Join a lively and thought-provoking discussion about various aspects of design patents, from conception through enforcement, at the USPTO headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia. Get insights from USPTO design examiners and managers, design patent practitioners, and industrial designers from across the country.
No CLE credit is offered for attendance.
The event will feature:
- Welcome and kick-off from Deputy Commissioner for Patents Operations Andrew Faile
- An update from the director of Technology Center 2900
- Presentations from major corporations, including Whirlpool and Facebook, on strategic protection and enforcement of designs
- Practical tips on using WIPO’s Digital Access Service (DAS), which is growing in popularity for design practitioners
- Case law summaries on important design patent decisions over the past year from the federal circuit, district courts, and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board
This event will be webcast to the USPTO regional offices in San Jose, Denver, Dallas, and Detroit. For more information, contact Lakiya.Rogers@uspto.gov or call 571-270-7145.