Join a lively and thought-provoking discussion about various aspects of design patents. Spend the day at this free seminar with USPTO design examiners, managers, design patent practitioners and industrial designers from across the country. (There is no fee to attend; however, we ask that you register in advance.) No CLE credit is offered for this event. Registration opens at 8:30 am and continues throughout the day; you can also register early for this event.
The event will include:
- An update from the Director of Technology Center 2900
- A discussion of the latest developments at the USPTO regarding the Hague, ID5, and Design Law Treaty initiatives
- A report from the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore on recent changes in design law in Singapore Presentations from major corporations, including IBM, Gentex Corp., and more, on strategic protection and enforcement of designs
- A Panel discussion by in-house attorneys about design patent portfolio management
- Case law summaries on important design patent decisions over the past year, from the federal Circuit, district court, and PTAB
8:30 – 9 a.m. Continental Breakfast
9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Morning Sessions
12 – 1:15 p.m. Lunch and Interaction
1:15 – 5 p.m. Afternoon Sessions
PLEASE NOTE: You may view Design Day via webcast at any USPTO regional office. When you register, please let us know if you will join us in Alexandria, Virginia or attend from Silicon Valley, Denver Dallas, or Detroit. Please provide an accurate email address so we may send information specific to your viewing location. Remember to check your affiliation: Government, Private Practice, In-House Counsel, Industry, Industrial Designer, Academic or Other.