The Rocky Mountain IP Institute is fully virtual this year, with a few twists. On four consecutive Thursdays from mid-July through the first week of August, watch, listen, and learn from expert faculty, judges, and national practice and thought leaders who will offer comprehensive coverage of important practice-area developments in patent, copyright and trademark law, e-commerce, and licensing. Make sure to register early.
Featured broadcasts include:
- July 16 - A conversation with Undersecretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the USPTO, Andrei Iancu and the Honorable Kathleen O'Malley, judge for the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- July 16 - 2020 Patent Law Update with Mark Lemley
- July 23 - 2020 Licensing Update with Jeff Dodd
- July 23 - The Rise of Big Data and What It Means for Everyone and Everything
- July 30 - Changes to Patent Examiner Work with Commissioner for Patents Drew Hirshfeld
- July 30 - 2020 Trademark Year in Review with David Bernstein
- August 6 - Annual Ethics Potpourri with Tom Spahn
The additional sessions you would normally attend will be pre-recorded. At the end of the four weeks, all 50+ Institute sessions and IP Fundamentals will have been broadcast live or made available for on-demand viewing. See the complete agenda for more information or to register for the Institute.
The Intellectual Property Law Section of the Colorado Bar Association, Stanford Law School, Stanford Program in Law, Science and Technology, the Copyright Society of the USA, and the ABA Section of Intellectual Property Law, are cosponsoring this event in cooperation with the Rocky Mountain Regional USPTO.