USPTO Fee Information
- Current USPTO Fee Schedule last revised March 1, 2015
FY 2013 Fee Information
- Certification of Micro Entity Status (form SB/15A or SB/15B)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Micro Entity
- Federal Register Notice re: Final Rule - Setting and Adjusting Patent Fees (Effective March 19, 2013) [PDF] (January 18, 2013)
- Federal Register Notice re: Final Rule - CPI Adjustment of Patent Fees for Fiscal Year 2013 (Effective October 5, 2012) [PDF] (September 5, 2012)
FY 2011 Fee Information
- Fees and Budgetary Provisions of the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act (September 16, 2011)
- Office of Finance Online Shopping Page - Pay your patent maintenance fees and get patent bibliographic data.
- Financial Profile - View Payments made to the USPTO
- Financial Profile User's Guide [PDF] (March 5, 2010)
- USPTO Releases Financial Profile System to the Public (April 15, 2008)
- Fee Schedule Crosswalk FY 2002 to FY 2003. Maps old 3-digit codes to new 4-digit codes
- Frequently Asked Questions About Fee Payments
- Need Help with Fee Payments?
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. Download Acrobat Reader here.
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) offers an Unrestricted type of deposit account, which allows account holders to charge any fee or service offered by the USPTO directly to their accounts. Account holders can securely replenish their deposit accounts, change authorized users, and view the current balance and monthly statements
The USPTO accepts Cash (in-person only), Checks, Credit Cards*, Deposit Accounts*, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)*, and Wires. * Note: most fees can be paid online over the USPTO Website using these payment methods.
In summer 2015, the USPTO will launch Financial Manager, a new, easy to use online fee payment management system. You'll be able to store and manage payment methods online, generate and download transaction reports, receive administrative notifications, and assign user permissions. Visit this page to learn more about Financial Manager today!