Announcing the 2015 Patents for Humanity winners
Application period 2015: to be announced
Apr 20, 2015: Watch the webcast of the Patents for Humanity award ceremony at the White House.
Apr 13, 2015: Announcing the 2015 Patents for Humanity winners.
Nov 4, 2014: The application period is now closed and selection begins. Look for an announcement in early 2015.
Sept 9, 2014: The application deadline will be extended until Oct 31, 2014. Federal Register Notice forthcoming.
Aug 7, 2014: The Patents for Humanity Application Portal is live
Aug 6, 2014: See the revised page of 2013 Award Winners
Feb 20, 2014: Patents for Humanity renewed by the White House
What is Patents for Humanity?
U.S. Navy Corpsman examines a Haitian girl at a medical clinic.
- Awards competition for aiding the less fortunate
- Rewards using patented technology to solve global challenges
- Winners receive public recognition and acceleration of select USPTO matters
What's new in the 2014 program?
Children in the Philippines study by a Nokero solar light. Photo courtesy of Nokero.
- New categories: Medicine, Nutrition, Sanitation, Household Energy, & Living Standards
- New rewards for honorable mentions, including limited acceleration benefits
- New recognition for up and coming technologies
How can I participate?
The founder of P&G Children's Safe Drinking Water Program drinks purified water with a family in Malawi. Photo courtesy of P&G.
- Join the Patents for Humanity Network
- Spread the word about the program
- Submit an application