Now accepting applications: July 1 to Dec 4, 2015
Jul 1, 2015: Applications will be accepted from July 1 to Dec 4, 2015. See the Federal Register Notice for details.
Apr 20, 2015: Watch the webcast of the Patents for Humanity award ceremony at the White House.
Apr 13, 2015: Announcing the 2015 Patents for Humanity winners.
What is Patents for Humanity?
U.S. Navy Corpsman examines a Haitian girl at a medical clinic.
- Awards competition for aiding the less fortunate
- Rewards using patented technology to solve global challenges
- Winners receive public recognition and acceleration of select USPTO matters
What's new in the 2014 program?
Children in the Philippines study by a Nokero solar light. Photo courtesy of Nokero.
- New categories: Medicine, Nutrition, Sanitation, Household Energy, & Living Standards
- New rewards for honorable mentions, including limited acceleration benefits
- New recognition for up and coming technologies
How can I participate?
The founder of P&G Children's Safe Drinking Water Program drinks purified water with a family in Malawi. Photo courtesy of P&G.
- Join the Patents for Humanity Network
- Spread the word about the program
- Submit an application