Patent Online Services is a central location where you can access resources that allow you to search, file, view and obtain status for patents. The following tools and web sites are available to aid you in your patent process.
Electronic Filing System (EFS-Web)
Apply for a patent using the Electronic Filing System (EFS-Web):
- EFS-Web Registered eFiler - for enhanced filing, follow-on processing, saved submissions and more
- EFS-Web Unregistered eFiler - for basic initial filing of patents
- EFS-Web Contingency Unregistered eFiler - for basic initial filing of new patent applications when the primary portal to EFS-Web has an unscheduled outage
- Learn More About EFS-Web - EFS-Web Announcements and Resources
- Setup your Customer Number
Patent Application Information Retrieval (PAIR) System
Check the status on and view associated documents for patent applications. Public PAIR provides limited access to patent application information and documents. Private PAIR provides secure, authorized access to patent application information and documents for registered customers.
Priority Document Exchange (PDX)
Program for direct electronic priority document exchange with participating foreign intellectual property offices (EPO, JPO, KIPO, and WIPO)
Publication Site for Issued and Published Sequences (PSIPS)
Search for published patent sequences.
- Publication Site for Issued and Published Sequences (PSIPS)
- Sequence Software (biotech - Checker & PatentIn)
Electronic Patent Assignment System (EPAS)
To assign ownership of a patent.
Assignments on the Web for Patents (AOTW-P)
Search for patent assignments.
Official Gazette Online
View weekly published patents in the Official Gazette Online .
Patent Attorney/Agent Search
Search for registered patent attorneys or agents .