Laws & Regulations
U.S. Trademark Law: Rules of Practice & Federal Statute
A complete presentation of 37 C.F.R. Part 2- Rules of Practice in Trademark Cases; the text of the Trademark Act of 1946, as amended, and related statutory sections.
The text of the Trademark Act of 1946, as amended, and related statutory sections.
Prior editions of 37 C.F.R. Part 2 - Rules of Practice in Trademark Cases; the text of the Trademark Act of 1946, as amended.
- Trademark Applications and Renewals; Reduction of Fees, 26664–26669 [2014–10730] [TEXT] [PDF] (09May2014)
- Changes in Requirements for Collective Trademarks and Service Marks, Collective Membership Marks, and Certification Marks [TEXT] [PDF] (20Feb2014)
- Miscellaneous Changes to Trademark Rules of Practice and the Rules of Practice in Filings Pursuant to the Protocol Relating to the Madrid Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Marks [2014–01126] [TEXT] [PDF] (23Jan2014)
Recent Final Rules
- Reduction of Fees for Trademark Applications and Renewals, 74633–74639 [2014–29413] [TEXT] [PDF] (16Dec2014)
- International Trademark Classification Changes [TEXT] [PDF] (09Aug2012)
- Changes in Requirements for Specimens and for Affidavits or Declarations of Continued Use or Excusable Nonuse in Trademark Cases [TEXT] [PDF] (22May2012)
- Trademark Technical and Conforming Amendments [TEXT] [PDF] (08Nov2011)
Trademark Federal Register Notices and Comments
Official Gazette Notices
Fastener Quality Act (FQA)
Information relating to the Fastener Quality Act (FQA), including the regulations implementing FQA, the Fastener Insignia Registry of active recordals, the fillable PDF application form for recordal or renewal/reactivation of a recordal of an insignia on the Fastener Insignia Registry, and links to the National Institute of Standards and Technology and the Bureau of Industry and Security.
Native American Tribal Insignia
Information relating to the database of Native American Tribal Insignia, including frequently asked questions.