Need to FAST track your patent? Use Track One!
Fast innovation is America's competitive edge. If you need to move your ideas quickly, USPTO's Track One prioritized examination will allow you to get a final disposition within about twelve months. The USPTO offers Track One for prioritized examination of your utility and plant patent applications. Track One gives your application special status with fewer requirements than the current accelerated examination program and without having to perform a pre-examination search.
Prioritized examination is available for a fee at the time of filing an original utility or plant application. A single request for prioritized examination may be granted for a Request for Continued Examination (RCE) in a plant or utility application.
Thousands of applicants have used Track One already. Join them on the prioritized examination FAST track!
What are users saying about Track One!
Statistics for prioritized examination are reported below.
- Prioritized Examination Request Form PTO\AIA\424
- EFS-Web Quick Start Guide for Prioritized Examination (Track One) (November 2013)
- Changes to Permit Delayed Submission of Certain Requirements for Prioritized Examination Interim Rule (79 Fed. Reg. 12386, March 5, 2014)
- Prioritized Examination (Track One) Final Rule (76 Fed. Reg. 59050, September 23, 2011)
- Prioritized Examination (RCE) Final Rule (76 Fed. Reg. 78566, December 19, 2011)
- Prioritized Examination Frequently Asked Questions
Prioritized Examination (aka Track One) Statistics
Report Date: October 9, 2014
|First Action on the Merits mailed||Final Dispositions mailed||Number Allowances of total Final Dispositions|
|Number of Track One applications||13724||10786||6412|
|Pendency to FAOM from Grant of Request (mos.)||Pendency to Final Disposition from Grant of Request (mos.)|
Requests by Technology Center (TC)
|TC||Count of Serial Number|