Patent Trial and Appeal Board
Welcome to the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. The Board's duties include review of adverse decisions, review of appeals of reexaminations, derivation proceedings, inter partes and post-grant reviews, and rendering decisions on interferences.
- Administrative Patent Judges - Apply Online
- APJ Recruitment brochure [PDF]
- Supervisory Patent Attorneys - Apply Online (3 vacancies / apply by August 22, 2014)
- Webinar on Request for Comments about AIA Trials, July 29, 2014, noon to 1 pm ET
- Administrative Patent Judge (APJ) Speaking Engagements [PDF]
- Request for Comments on Trial Proceedings Under the America Invents Act Before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (FR Doc. 2014-15171)
- PTAB Articles
- Systems Status
- PRPS change effective July 12, 2014
PRPS users who have a session that is idle for 30 minutes or more–and want to continue the session need to close their browser, reopen their browser to access the PRPS site and log back in. You will not receive a reminder that your session has been idle for 30 minutes or more. If you had entered information on the PRPS page without saving, you will lose the information. If you have saved your information, then it will be available when you log back in. For additional information, see PRPS FAQs A15, A16, A17, and A18.
A future release will provide a warning message when the user is idle before the 30 minutes time out is reached.
If you have any questions, you can contact the PTAB assistance line at 571-272-7822.