Patent Trial and Appeal Board
Welcome to the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. The Board's duties include review of adverse decisions, review of appeals of reexaminations, derivation proceedings, inter partes and post-grant reviews, and rendering decisions on interferences.
- New Maximum Daily Limit for Credit Card Payments, Effective June 1, 2015
- View Public Comments Submitted for the Request for Comments on Trial Proceedings under the America Invents Act before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board
- Request for Comments on Trial Proceedings Under the America Invents Act Before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (FR Doc. 2014-15171)
- PTAB Articles
- Message From Administrative Patent Judges Jacqueline Bonilla and Sheridan Snedden: Routine and Additional Discovery in AIA Trial Proceedings: What Is the Difference? (30SEP2014)
- USPTO Message From PTAB: How to Make Successful Claim Amendments in an AIA Trial Proceeding (05MAY2014)
- >> View more PTAB messages
- Learn more about being an APJ
- A Day-in-the-Life of an APJ [PDF]
- Detroit is the "Real McCoy" [PDF]
- Official Gazette Notices
- Systems Status
- Interference Web Portal change effective October 8, 2014
- PRPS change effective October 11, 2014
PRPS users who have a session that is idle for 25 minutes will receive a pop up warning message requesting the user to continue their session by actively clicking on the Ok button. The pop up warning message will display a 5 minute countdown informing the user to actively click on the Ok button before the countdown ends. If there is no action by the user, then their session will end and if they want to continue the session, they will need to close their browser, reopen their browser to access the PRPS site and log back in. If you had entered information on the PRPS page without saving, you will lose the information. If you have saved your information, then it will be available when you log back in. For additional information, see FAQs A15, A16, A17, A18 and A20.
If you have any questions, you can contact the PTAB assistance line at 571-272-7822.