Patents for Humanity
Application period: Apr 15 – Sept 15, 2014. See how to apply
Feb 20, 2014: Patents for Humanity renewed by the White House
What is Patents for Humanity?
U.S. Navy Corpsman examines a Haitian girl at a medical clinic.
- Awards competition for aiding the less fortunate
- Rewards using patented technology to solve global challenges
- Winners receive public recognition and acceleration of select USPTO matters
What's new in the 2014 program?
Children in the Philippines study by a Nokero solar light. Photo courtesy of Nokero.
- New categories: Medicine, Nutrition, Sanitation, Household Energy, & Living Standards
- New rewards for honorable mentions, including limited acceleration benefits
- New recognition for up and coming technologies