How do I - modify a PDF file downloaded from PAIR IFW?
You may add a note or "comment" to a PDF document downloaded from the PAIR / Image File Wrapper using the following instructions:
- Open the downloaded document in a PDF editor, such as Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional1,
- SELECT > Save As a new file.
- Open the new PDF file in the PDF editor, and navigate within the file to the page to be modified.
- Insert a text box to contain your note or comment . For example, in Acrobat 6.0 Professional, use either of the following options:
- SELECT > Tools > Advanced Commenting > Text Box Tool, or
- SELECT > Tools > Advanced Editing > Forms > Text Field Tool
USPTO does not endorse this product. However, this is the only product that has been successfully tested as of 06 October 2004 by the USPTO for editing existing PDF files.