How are Applications and/or Applicants chosen to participate in the pilot program (requirements, pre-requisites, etc.)?
To participate in this pilot program, Applicant must comply with the following conditions:
(1) Applicant must submit to the Office the written consent form located at www.uspto.gov/web/patents/peeriorartpilot.consent.pdf with the consent naming the real party in interest for the application;
(2) The Office will accept no more than 25 total written consents (corresponding to 25 total separate applications) from an Applicant, Applicant's assignee (to include subsidiaries), or Applicant's affiliates;
(3) The application must be assigned to Technology Center 2100 or Business Methods, Class 705;
(4) The Pre-Grant Publication of the application must occur during this pilot and provide a period no less than three (3) months and no more than four (4) months for posting (and evaluation) at the Peer-to-Patent website;
(5) The consent includes an express written authorization for the Peer-to-Patent submission to the Office to include comments describing the relevance of each document to the disclosed invention as defined by the claims;
(6) The application must not have been previously filed for Accelerated Examination; and
(7) The application was filed under 35 USC § 111(a) or has entered the national phase under 35 USC § 371.