Receipts Accounting Division Branches
Deposit Account Branch
The Deposit Account Branch is responsible for the administration and maintenance of customer pre-paid deposit accounts at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Customers may contact our Customer Service Help Desk with inquiries related to establishing, replenishing, and closing deposit accounts; monthly account statements; mailing address and contact information changes; and making changes to the list of authorized users.
The links below will direct you to additional information on deposit accounts:
- Review rules and information about deposit accounts and the types of deposit accounts offered by the USPTO
- Obtain a copy of the application form for establishing a deposit account
- Get information about how to replenish your deposit account
- Access our online system for a fast, easy, and secure way to maintain your deposit account, including the ability to replenish your account, change authorized users, and view monthly deposit account statements
- Get answers to Frequently Asked Questions about deposit accounts.
Maintenance Fee Branch
The Maintenance Fee Branch processes patent maintenance fee payments and fee address requests, updates the entity status for issued patents, and responds to inquiries regarding post-issuance status. The branch also provides information for the publication of the Official Gazette, which provides the status of issued patents.
Get additional information about maintaining your patent.
Contact our Customer Service Help Desk if you have questions or require additional information about patent maintenance fee payments.
The Refund Branch functions as the receiving office for most refund requests. The branch is responsible for coordinating, processing, and providing status of refund requests, and for answering customer inquiries about refunds.
Please send refund requests by fax to 571-273-6500 or by mail to the following address:Mail Stop 16
Director of the US Patent and Trademark Office
PO Box 1450
Alexandria, VA 22313-1450
To check the status of your refund request, please contact our Customer Service Help Desk.