(1) For counting, checking or dispensing tray, see subclass 227. For storage vessel, see subclass 224.
(2) Includes letter or numeral.
(3) This and indented subclasses are limited to fluid introduction or removal articles. For treatment equipment, see coordinate subclasses that follow. For example, hemodialysis units are classified in subclass 169, but blood pumps, per se, are classified in subclass 111; For lung or blood treatment unit, see, respectively, subclasses 164 and 169; For nursing bottle, see subclasses 197+. For puncturing instrument in general (i.e., without fluid flow function), see subclass 147; For transdermal patch, see subclass 189; For inhalation therapy oxygen or air treatment, see subclass 164.
(4) Includes smelling salts article; For general-use douche or syringe, see subclasses 112+; For pulmonary testing, treating or exercising article, see subclass 164.
(5) Includes air-supplying outer space or underwater helmet and underwater swim mask that covers both the eyes and nose. For eyewear that does not occlude or filter air for breathing, see D16-300+. For eyepiece element, see D16-101+. For protective headgear combined with transparent eye shield, see D29-110.
(6) Includes snorkel.
(7) Includes anesthesia machine; Includes infusion cassette; For blood treatment or analysis unit; see subclass 169; For manually operative unit or gravity controlled, see subclasses 112+.
(8) Includes nozzle, per se; For biopsy probe, see subclass 147; For pipette, see subclass 222; For fluid delivery article combined with dental work station or console, see subclass 177; For similar article designed to insert solid material into body cavity, e.g., solid medication, see subclass 141. For nursing nipple, see subclass 194.
(9) Includes dropper type; For dropper combined with "test kit", see subclass 223; For pipette, see subclass 222.
(10) For spoon, per se, see Class D7-653+.
(11) Includes reservoir, per se; For vessel used when evacuation is active rather than passive (i.e., urinal or bedpan without conduit element), see subclasses 121+. For nursing bottle see subclass 197.
(12) Includes douche or enema bag; For hot water or ice bag, see subclass 207.
(13) Includes inoculation loop; For between-teeth gum stimulator, see D28-64.
(14) For similar article including means for conduit delivery (i.e., fountain syringe type), see subclasses 117+; For specimen handling or for medication storage container (e.g., vial, test tube, etc.) see subclass 224.
(15) For sample vial type, see subclass 224.
(16) For similar article having a conduit element, see subclasses 117+.
(17) For bandage, see subclass 189.
(18) Includes holder; For application device or tool, see subclass 141; For contraceptive article, see subclass 105; For pessary, see subclass 135.
(19) For tray or rack, see subclass 227. For filter, see subclass 162.
(20) Includes cover; For general specimen or specimen container holder, see, respectively, subclass 224 and 227; For fluid container holder that is not patient-interactive, e.g., syringe rack, medication tray, etc. see subclass 227.
(21) For tubing clamp, see subclass 143.
(22) For clamp, see subclass 143; For needle, catheter or conduit, per se, see subclass 112.
(23) Element included in this and in indented subclasses; For cardiac resuscitative stimulator, see subclass 167; For kinesitherapy article, see subclass 200; For medical treatment fixed equipment, see following coordinate subclasses; For specimen handling, preparing or testing article, see subclass 216; For holder, see subclass 227; For sphygmomanometer, see subclass 165; For pipette, see subclass 222.
(24) For generic transducer, see subclass 187; For sphygmomanometer, see subclass 165.
(25) Includes pessary; For remote or direct viewing instrument, see subclass 137 to 139.
(26) For direct viewing hand instrument (e.g., optoscope, ophthalmoscope, etc.), see subclass 137.
(27) For rectilinear piston or plunger fluid delivery article, see subclass 114.
(28) Includes penile blood flow limiter device; Includes hand manipulated tourniquet; For mechanical or electronic tourniquet, see subclass 169; For sphygmomanometer cuff, see subclass 165.
(29) Includes laser type; Includes tattooing instrument.
(30) Includes fastener, per se; Includes stapler; For clamp, see subclass 143.
(31) For dental drill combined with work station, see subclass 177; For tattooing instrument, see subclass 144; For broach, burr or drill component, see subclasses 147+.
(32) Includes acupuncture needle; Includes biopsy needle; Includes blade or carrier therefor; Includes broach, burr, drill, etc.; Includes curette or scraper; For between-teeth gum stimulator, see D28-64.
(33) For dental work station, see subclass 177; For drilling, scraping, brushing or abrading instrument, see subclass 146.
(34) For cleaning unit, see subclass 217; For orthodontic appliance, see subclass 180; For holder, see subclass 227.
(35) Includes element, e.g., film or plate holder, etc.; For body or limb support, see subclass 183.
(36) For patient support, per se, see subclass 183.
(37) For more comprehensive treatment equipment for air, blood, or other fluids, see subclasses 164 and 169.
(38) Includes therapy equipment; For blood alcohol level measuring or detecting by means of breath analysis, see subclass 169; For nose or mouth contacting article, e.g., vaporizer, inhaler, mouthpiece or airway tube, see subclass 110. For heart-lung machine, i.e., blood oxygenator, see subclass 169. Includes snore-inhibiting device.
(39) For general purpose electrode or contact, see subclass 187; For heart-lung machine, i.e., blood oxygenator, see subclass 169.
(40) Includes paddle, electrode or contact, per se.
(41) Includes oxygenator or heart-lung machine; Includes blood alcohol percentage measurement device; For chemical or biological testing equipment lacking instrumentation, see subclasses 216+; For filter, see subclass 162; For hemostat or other hand manipulated tool, see subclasses 133+ and 143; For fluid pump or infusion article without treatment characteristic, see subclass 111; For blood pressure measuring instrument, see subclass 165. Includes oximeter, tourniquet, blood gas treatment device and organ fluid warmer.
(42) For hand manipulated cutting or electrolysis instrument, see subclasses 144 and 147; For body contact, electrode, etc., see subclass 187. Includes laser unit.
(43) For body support surface, see subclass 183; For therapeutic apparatus (e.g., traction unit, etc.), see subclass 188.
(44) For contact lens sterilizer, see subclass 218.
(45) For ear plug, see subclass 106.
(46) For infant teething article, see subclasses 194+; For kiln or melting crucible, see D15-144.1; For tray, rack or holder, see subclass 227; For amalgam mixer, see subclass 221; For body support, per se, see subclass 183; For irrigation type cleaner, see subclass 111; For denture cleaner, see subclass 217.
(47) For nondental patient service unit or console, see subclass 185.
(48) Includes dental molding flask or impression tray; Includes repair shade guide; For mixing slab, see subclass 221.
(49) For similar support combined with dental service unit, see subclass 178; For body-attached support such as splint, see subclass 190; For kinesitherapy article, see subclass 200. Includes therapeutic pillow or body support.
(50) Includes uriometer; For specimen testing, e.g., medical testing instrument used in laboratory environment, see subclass 216.
(51) For stethoscope transducer, see subclass 134; For hearing aid transducer, see subclass 174; For diathermy electrode, see subclass 206.
(52) Includes, in this subclass, exercise unit not elsewhere specified; For electrode or contact, see subclass 187; For electrotherapeutic equipment or cabinet, see subclass 200.
(53) Includes adhesive hair removal strip; infusion anchor and nasal anchor; For catamenial article, see subclass 125.
(54) For passive body support or rest surface, see subclass 183; For orthodontic appliance, see subclass 180; For anti-thumbsucking device, see subclass 193; For traction article, see subclass 188; For penile blood flow limiting device, see subclass 143.
(55) For diaper, see subclass 126.
(56) For nursing bottle claimed in combination with nipple, see subclass 197.
(57) Includes shell for disposable or flaccid type container; For nipple, see subclass 194.
(58) For generic therapeutic "cabinet", see subclass 188; For cardiac treatment article, see subclass 167; For orthopedic exercise or traction article, see subclass 188.
(59) Includes foot bath; For water or bubble circulator or generator, per see, see subclass 201.
(60) For similar article with provision for fluid flow, see subclass 118.
(61) For x-radiation treatment, see subclass 158.
(62) Includes microtome; For patient interactive equipment, e.g., syringe, electrocardiographic equipment, dental work station, etc., see preceding coordinate subclasses.
(63) Includes mortar, pestle, muddler, etc.; Includes pill crusher; For reagent material container or for carrier therefor see, respectively, subclass 224 and 227.
(64) Includes pregnancy test set; For reagent vessel or test strip, per se, see subclass 224; For vessel holder, per se, see subclasses 227+.
(65) Includes vessel for medication; For patient - interactive vessel such as urinal, bedpan, etc., see subclass 121.
(66) For holder for use in centrifuge, see subclass 219; For vessel, per se, see subclass 224.
(67) Includes white noise generator.
(68) Includes clean air work station, air lock, etc.
This page is produced by the Office of Classification Support (Office of Patent Classification) for the Reference Tools Project.
business system =fees =forms=help =laws/regulations =definition
Assistance Center is available to help you on patent
matters.Send questions about USPTO programs and services
Contact Center (UCC). You can suggest USPTO webpages
or material you would like featured on this section by E-mail
to the email@example.com.
While we cannot promise to accommodate all requests, your suggestions
will be considered and may lead to other improvements on the