CPC Definition - Subclass C05C
This place covers:
- Fertiliser compositions containing nitrogen, processes and apparatus for obtaining them;
- Ammonium nitrate fertilisers;
- Fertilisers containing other salts of ammonia or ammonia itself;
- Fertilisers containing other nitrates;
- Fertilisers containing calcium or other cyanamides;
- Fertilisers containing urea or urea compounds;
- Other nitrogenous fertilisers.
Treating manure; apparatus for distributing fertiliser A01C.
Soil-cultivation substrates A01G 9/00.
Plant growth regulators A01N.
Soil-conditioning or soil-stabilising materials C09K 17/00.
Any apparatus for preparing fertilisers may be classified in those areas of C05 that are specific for such apparatus – e.g., C05B 1/10 – apparatus for the manufacture of superphosphates. Otherwise, individual apparatus should be classified in the relevant area of the IPC, e.g., F26B 7/00.
This place does not cover:
Attention is drawn to the following places, which may be of interest for search:
Harrows with means for distributing fertilisers
Mowers combined with dispensing apparatus, e.g. for fertilisers
Horticulture; cultivation of vegetables, flowers, rice, fruit, vines, hops or seaweed; forestry; watering
Root feeders; injecting fertilisers into roots
Processes or devices for granultaing materials, in general
Nitrogen, compounds thereof
Ammonia; cyanogen; compounds thereof
An ingredient in a mixture of fertilisers, or a single fertiliser which contains more that one of the chemical elements on which the subdivision is based, is classified only in the first of the appropriate places. Thus, a nitrophosphate or an ammoniated superphosphate is classified in C05B but not in C05C, magnesium phosphate is classified in C05B but not in C05D, and calcium cyanamide in C05C but not in C05D.
Information relative to the form in which the fertilizer is presented, e.g. granulation, coating, etc. is always given in addition to the chemical composition of the fertilizers.
Any ingredient in a mixture, which is considered to present information of interest for search, is also classified using a combination of classification symbols. If a document concerns embodiments comprising mixtures whose elements are covered individually by different subclasses, groups or subgroups, the document is classified with a Combination-set.
The following rules apply:
- The first element of the Combination-set corresponds to the first relevant (sub)group mentioned in the classification scheme independently of the importance or relevance of the element in the whole fertilizer mixture;
- the following element or elements of the Combination_set are added sequentially in the order in which they appear in the classification scheme to the first element using a ",".
Example: a fertilizer containing a mixture of superphosphate (C05B 1/02), ammonium nitrate (C05C 1/00) and potassium chloride (C05D 1/02) will be given the Combination-set C05B 1/02, C05C 1/00, C05D 1/02.
In this place, the following terms or expressions are used with the meaning indicated:
Fertiliser (fertiliser material)
Natural or artificial substance containing the chemical elements that improve growth and productiveness of plants.
In patent documents, the following words/expressions are often used as synonyms:
- "fertiliser" and "plant nutrient "
- “Amendment”, “Plant food”, “Agricultural chemical” and "Fertiliser"
- "Ammonia", “Ammonium hydroxide” and "Ammonia water"
In patent documents, the following words/expressions are often used with the meaning indicated:
" composition capable of modifying the chemical (pH) or physical (structure) condition of soils for agricultural purposes".