SPECIFIC USES OR APPLICATIONS OF NANOSTRUCTURES; MEASUREMENT OR ANALYSIS OF NANOSTRUCTURES; MANUFACTURE OR TREATMENT OF NANOSTRUCTURES [2017-08]
- This subclass covers applications and aspects of nanostructures which are produced by any method, and is not restricted to those that are formed by manipulation of individual atoms or molecules.
- Attention is drawn to the Note following the title of class B82, which defines the meaning of the terms "nanosize", "nanoscale" and "nanostructure" in this subclass.
- This subclass is intended to enable a comprehensive search of subject matter related to nanostructures by combination of classification symbols of this subclass with classification symbols from other subclasses. Therefore this subclass covers aspects of nanostructures that might also be entirely or partially covered elsewhere in the IPC.
- This subclass is for secondary classification, i.e. obligatory supplementary classification of subject matter already classified as such in other classification places, e.g. :
|B82B|| Nanostructures formed by individual manipulation of atoms, molecules, or limited collections of atoms or molecules as discrete units; manufacture or treatment thereof |
|A61K 9/51|| Nanocapsules for medicinal preparations |
|B05D 1/20|| Langmuir-Blodgett films |
|C01B 32/05|| Carbon nanostructures, e.g. bucky-balls, nanotubes, nanocoils, nanodoughnuts or nanoonions |
|G01Q|| Scanning probe techniques |
|G02F 1/017|| Optical quantum wells or boxes |
|H01F 10/32|| Nanostructured thin magnetic films |
|H01F 41/30|| Molecular beam epitaxy [MBE] |
|H01L 29/775|| Quantum wire FETs |
- The classification symbols of this subclass are not listed first when assigned to patent documents.
- In this subclass, multi-aspects classification is applied, so that aspects of subject matter that are covered by more than one of its groups should be classified in each of those groups.