ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING, i.e. MANUFACTURING OF THREE-DIMENSIONAL [3-D] OBJECTS BY ADDITIVE DEPOSITION, ADDITIVE AGGLOMERATION OR ADDITIVE LAYERING, e.g. BY 3-D PRINTING, STEREOLITHOGRAPHY OR SELECTIVE LASER SINTERING [2015-01]
- This subclass covers additive manufacturing, irrespective of the process or material used.
- This subclass is intended to enable a comprehensive search of subject matter related to additive manufacturing by combination of classification symbols of this subclass with classification symbols from other subclasses. Therefore this subclass covers aspects of additive manufacturing (e.g. 3D printing) that might also be entirely or partially covered elsewhere in CPC.
- This subclass is for obligatory supplementary classification of subject matter already classified as such in other classification places, when the subject matter contains an aspect of additive manufacturing.
- The classification symbols of this subclass are not listed first when assigned to patent documents.
- In this subclass, multi-aspect classification is applied, so that aspects of subject matter that are covered by more than one of its groups should be classified in each of those groups.