What information is required on an invoice?
The following correct information constitutes a proper invoice and is required as payment documentation:
- Name of vendor and invoice date (vendors are encouraged to date invoices as close as possible to the date of mailing or transmission).
- Purchase order number; assignment of an invoice number by the vendor is recommended.
- Description, price, and quantity of property and services actually delivered or rendered.
- Shipping and payment terms.
- Other substantiating documentation or information as required by the contract.
- Name (where practicable), title, telephone number, and complete mailing address.