(4) For document handler such as sorter, collator, receiver or feeder, see subclasses 46+.
(5) Excludes crank operated floor or console type; see subclass 53.
(6) Includes body, per se.
(7) For duplicating machine, printing press or manually operated printer, see subclasses 50, 53 or 14+.
(8) The term "side" includes front or rear surface.
(9) Includes ink jet unit. For ribbon or ribbon cartridge, see subclass 12 and D14-474+. For sheet handler, per se, see subclasses 46+. For typing hammer or daisy wheel type imprinter, see subclass 12.
(10) Includes engraving machine, per se. For embossing machine, see subclasses 50+.
(11) Electroluminescent, etc.
(12) Excludes border design; see subclass 32.
(13) Example, disclosed on oval, rectangular background, etc.
(14) Example, a dot in the middle of the letter "O".
(15) For computer generated image or icon; see D14-485+.
This page is produced by the Office of Classification Support (Office of Patent Classification) for the Reference Tools Project.
business system =fees =forms=help =laws/regulations =definition
Assistance Center is available to help you on patent
matters.Send questions about USPTO programs and services
Contact Center (UCC). You can suggest USPTO webpages
or material you would like featured on this section by E-mail
to the email@example.com.
While we cannot promise to accommodate all requests, your suggestions
will be considered and may lead to other improvements on the