The Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) Assistance Center is available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET and may be reached via phone at 571-272-8500 or 800-786-9199 or via email at TTABInfo@uspto.gov. Agents at the TTAB Assistance Center can help with a variety of TTAB-related concerns, such as assisting with filing documents in a TTAB proceeding, directing customers to specific Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Manual of Procedure (TBMP) sections for additional information, or providing status updates in pending proceedings.
Agents at the TTAB Assistance Center cannot:
- Provide any legal advice
- Conduct searches for potentially conflicting marks
- Provide strategies or substantive information for responding to either TTAB orders or filings of an adverse party, in proceedings before the TTAB
- Analyze or pre-approve documents before or after they are filed
- Interpret the law and rules
- Provide information on specific attorneys or firms
If you require this type of assistance, you should seek counsel from a U.S.-licensed attorney. Your domicile location may require a U.S.-licensed attorney to represent you in a TTAB proceeding.