The USPTO is pleased to announce the deployment of enhancements to the “beta” version of the Next Generation Trademark Manual of Identification and Classification of Goods and Services (IDM-NG) available at https://tmidm.uspto.gov/idm
Customer input and feedback was heard and several of the updated functionalities are a direct result of requests made by customers.
The IDM-NG search system and results display have been updated to include the following features:
- Cursor “focus” on search term in the search box; just start typing to modify your search
- Removal of “MORE”/“LESS” toggle from descriptions of long goods/services [the “MORE” remains only for “Notes” field]
- “Advanced Search” box remains open when results are displayed to modify search criteria for revised search; the box may be opened/closed at any time by clicking the “Advanced Search” label
- Wildcard “*” character and Boolean search operators to allow for constructed search queries
- Updated content of the “Guidance for Users” and “Searching the ID Manual” information pages available from the main page “Resources” section
- Improved page display and demotion of USPTO.gov footer for maximum results display; please check your browser settings to optimize your preferred display settings.
Please continue to send input or feedback to TMFeedback@uspto.gov with the subject “TMNG IDM Feedback.”