The following are common reasons for losing TEAS Plus status, resulting in a requirement of a $125 fee payment, per class of goods/services.
1. Failure to use TEAS for subsequent filings (e.g., responses, SOUs)
2. Failure to include consent of a living individual identified in a mark or otherwise statement that not a living individual
3. Failure to translate or transliterate foreign wording in the mark
4. Failure to include a mark description
5. Failure to include a color claim
6. Failure to include a claim of prior registration(s) for the same mark
7. Failure to maintain a current email address to which the USPTO can send correspondence (e.g., when the email address changes or an attorney withdraws)