The below is information about the new satellite office that the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has opened in Detroit, Michigan.
- The Detroit satellite office is located on the Detroit River at 300 River Place South, Suite 2900, Detroit, MI 48207.
- Visitor parking is available in the lot directly across the street from 300 River Place South, on Joseph Campau Street, for $4.00.
- For building access, visitors must proceed to the Security Desk and sign in. The guard will contact the USPTO to confirm access. Visitors may then proceed via the elevator to the 2nd floor and the entrance for Suite 2900. Upon arrival, ring the doorbell for admittance.
- Self-service access to the USPTO's public electronic patent and trademark collections is available 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. local time, Monday - Friday, except Federal holidays.
- Customers with limited experience in trademark searching or new to the trademark subject area are strongly encourage to first contact or visit the Detroit Public Library, located about 4 miles from the satellite office. This library is a Patent and Trademark Resource Center that offers beginner orientation sessions on searching for patents and trademarks.
- Two Universal Public Workstations (UPWS) are available to access the following trademark databases:
- Trademark Status Information (TRAM)
- Trademark Image Retrieval (TICRS)
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Cases (TTABIS)
- Acceptable Identification of Goods and Services Manual (ID Manual)
- Trademark Official Gazette
- Trademark Certificates of Registration
- Trademark Design Search Code Manual
- Trademark Manual of Examining Procedure
- The UPWS provides access only to the USPTO Internet site and no other Internet access.
- A desk phone is available to call USPTO exchanges.
- Wireless access is available for custome4r to access the Internet via personal devices.
- USPTO pamphlets and brochures containing general information, including the Basic Facts About Trademarks booklet for information and instruction about federal trademark registration, are available.
- Any filing of trademark documents or fee payment must be done via the USPTO Internet site. No filing assistance or cashier services are available. While no cashier is in the satellite office, a dedicated fax machine there assists customers in making payments with the USPTO's Alexandria, Virginia office.
- Printing from a UPWS is available at $.25 per page for black-and-white copies (color printing is not available). To print, customers must fund their UPWS user account.
- Video conferencing equipment is not available for trademark matters.