On March 7, 2013, the USPTO released version 2.1 of Trademark Status and Document Retrieval (TSDR). The new features in TSDR 2.1 include:
- The ability to view all data and documents about a trademark, including assignments and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) information, from a single location.
- The ability to download all data and documents about a trademark, including assignments and TTAB information, from a single location.
- The ability to view "Status" data in ST.96 format via the web pages and in both ST.96 and ST.66 formats via the API. This upgrade will improve the security of the data stream and will ensure compliance with internationally agreed upon formatting standards for data.
- The ability to view Assignment and TTAB documents from the "Documents" tab.
- The ability to bookmark TSDR URLs for future searches, including the ability to bookmark the Case and Document viewer.
- The ability to simultaneously request and view multiple cases.
Additionally, the USPTO changed the TSDR URLs for accessing "Status" XML and for downloading content. Specifically, the URL protocol changed from http to https and the hostname changed from tdr to tsdr. This change is of particular importance to users of the current TDR API. Examples of new Status, content Download, and schema URLs are shown below. The URLs below are only provided as examples.
XML Status data (in ST.96 format): https://tsdrapi.uspto.gov/ts/cd/casestatus/sn12345678/info.xml.
XML Status data (in ST.66 format): https://tsdrapi.uspto.gov/ts/cd/status66/sn12345678/info.xml.
Please send any questions to email@example.com.