We’ve added four features to the Trademark ID Manual:
- See all your results on a single page.
- Use navigation buttons to see results from previous searches.
- Target your search to descriptions only, not notes.
- Automatically search alternate spellings for some terms.
Tips for using the new features
See all your results on a single page.
- When you scroll, a gray “back to top” button appears on the right side of your screen.
- For searches that return a large number of results, 500 records load at a time.
Use navigation buttons to see results from previous searches.
- Click the arrows to the left of the search bar to see your results from searches executed in a series.
- Use a single search mode when executing the searches.
- The green banner under the search bar displays the search criteria for the results you are viewing.
Target your search to descriptions only, not notes.
- Your search term is highlighted in the description field of your results. Your search term is not highlighted in the notes field even if it appears.
- To search the notes field instead of the description field, check the “notes” box under “notes type” on the left side of the page.
- If you are searching the notes field, your search term is highlighted in the notes field of your results. Your search term is also highlighted in the description field if it appears.
Automatically search alternate spellings for some terms.
- When you search any of these terms, your search will also return records for the alternate spelling:
anti-bacterial and antibacterial
anti-freeze and antifreeze
back pack and backpack
bar code and barcode
bed pan and bedpan
cell phone and cellphone
cup cake and cupcake
de-alcoholised and de-alcoholized
fire fighting and firefighting
flat bread and flatbread
formal wear and formalwear
gear box and gearbox
guide wire and guidewire
hair brush and hairbrush
hair care and haircare
head wear and headwear
paper mache and papier mâché
pre-packaged and prepackaged
pre-paid and prepaid
pre-school and preschool
re-insurance and reinsurance
song writing and songwriting
swim wear and swimwear
table cloth and tablecloth
tea pot and teapot
tooth brush and toothbrush
trade show and tradeshow
web site and website
- The ID Manual returns plural versions of your search term for every search. For alternate spellings, the system will search for plural versions of both spellings.
- Send your suggestion for additional alternate spellings to TMFeedback@uspto.gov.