Are you a current or aspiring inventor or entrepreneur? Would you like to learn from successful innovators and subject matter experts about keys to success and how to use your creativity to reach your full potential? If so, be sure to attend the United States Patent and Trademark Office's (USPTO) free, online 2022 Black Innovation and Entrepreneurship program on February 17 and 24. Don’t miss these great opportunities to be inspired and informed.
Register and learn more about the February 17 event, “Defining tomorrow,” where you’ll learn firsthand from successful innovators about networking, strategy, and securing funding for a business. Special guests include:
- Janet Emerson Bashen, CEO, Bashen Corporation
- Morgan DeBaun, Founder and CEO, Blavity Inc.
- Lanny Smoot, Disney Research Fellow, Imagineer. Mr. Smoot is also featured in this month's Journeys of Innovation: As if by magic.
- Stacy Spikes, Founder and CEO, Urbanworld Film Festival & PreShow, Co-founder, MoviePass
Register and learn more about the February 24 event, “Invest in ideas,” where you’ll learn how your creative spark can help build generational wealth. Special guests include:
- Ebonique Boyd, Co-founder of Budget Collector, art-tech entrepreneur, and nonprofit leader
- Stacy Brown-Philpot, Founding member of SoftBank’s Opportunity Fund, former CEO of TaskRabbit, investor, advisor
- Tani Chambers, Founder & CEO of RAVN
- James Howard, Executive Director, Black Inventors Hall of Fame
This program is presented by the USPTO’s Office of Innovation Outreach. For more information, please contact BlackInnovation@uspto.gov.
The USPTO offers many informative presentations, panels, and chats throughout the year. For more information, visit www.uspto.gov.