This year marks the 75th anniversary of the passage of the Lanham Act, which is the primary federal trademark law of the United States. On July 27, from 1-2 p.m. ET, join the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) in commemorating the passage of this statute. Register today for the celebration.
This event will feature a screening of the Lanham Act documentary produced by the National Inventors Hall of Fame as well as a lineup of distinguished speakers, including:
- Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, co-chair of the Congressional Trademark Caucus
- Sen. Chris Coons of Delaware, co-chair of the Congressional Trademark Caucus
- Rep. Ted Deutch of Florida, co-chair of the Congressional Trademark Caucus
- Drew Hirshfeld, performing the functions and duties of the Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the USPTO
- David Gooder, Commissioner for Trademarks
- Influential and even iconic brand owners
For more information about the event, please visit the Lanham Act 75th anniversary celebration event page on the USPTO website.