The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has released newly redesigned trademark basics webpages on the USPTO website.
The new content is easier to read and understand, more visually appealing, and more intuitive to navigate.
What’s trademark basics?
Trademark basics content is intended for those new to the trademark application process and for returning customers who need a refresher. Customers will learn:
- What a trademark is
- Why a trademark is important to protect
- An overview of the registration process
- How to prepare their application
Read through all of the 22 new webpages or select which information you want to explore.
To comment on the new webpages, scroll to the bottom of any page and either:
- Click on the Helpful or Not Helpful buttons.
- Click on Trademarks in the sentence “this page is owned by Trademarks.”
Contact the Trademark Assistance Center at 1-800-786-9199 (press 1).