File and search IPR, CBM, PGR and DER AIA review cases
- How to login to PTAB E2E
- Reminder: you must change your password every 180 days.
- To search without creating a user id and password:
- Fill out at least one of the four Search PTAB fields on the login page.
- Answer the CAPTCHA
- Click on Search
1. Only PDF and MPEG format files (MPEG, MPG, MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, M1A, M2A, M1V, MPA, MPV) may be uploaded in PTAB E2E. Password-protected files are not accepted. Users are encouraged to convert other file types such as Microsoft Word documents, into text-searchable PDF files, instead of printing and scanning to make flat PDF files.
3. Effective October, 2, 2020, new fees will be charged for filing a petition for an inter partes review, post-grant review, or covered business method patent review. See Setting and Adjusting Patent Fees, 85 Fed. Reg. 46932 (37 C.F.R. § 42.15); also see FAQs E6-E7.
4. Effective March 16, 2013, an applicant for a first inventor-to-file patent may file a derivation petition. See FAQs I1-I5.
5. Effective January 14, 2013 (effective date of the AIA Technical Corrections Act), a petitioner may file an inter partes review petition challenging a first-to-invent patent or reissue patent upon issuance including during the first nine months after issuance.
6. Petitioner can pay for their petition using another individual's account if they have authorization:
- The petitioner must create an account via MyUSPTO (if one does not already exist)
- Contact the individual whose account the petitioner will be using to pay for the AIA trial; that individual must be the administrator of the payment account in Financial Manager.
- The administrator of the payment account adds the new user. Find out how to do so at Financial Manager user permissions.
- Once the account is set up, the new user can pay for the AIA Trial.
- For more information, visit Financial Manager help.
7. Clear your Chrome browser to see the latest changes.
Boardside Chat - PTAB E2E demo - June 23, 2016
- How to use PTAB E2E (updated Oct. 14, 2017)
- Bulk download PTAB E2E data
- Search proceeding documents and PTAB decisions
- Information about PTAB E2E API
- Find answers to commonly asked questions
- Existing issues that will be corrected in future release and work around
- PTAB E2E Top Tips
- Notification Issues - Aug. 1, 2016
- The file size limit for uploading Audio/Video file is 25 MB (effective November 18, 2017).
- Document upload changes in PTAB E2E (effective October 14, 2017)
An update standardized the PTAB E2E menu dropdown options for upload documents. The edit pencil icon includes a dropdown for filing documents related to either Motions, Rehearing and Appeal, and the AIA Actions dropdown includes an Other Documents option (which is the same as the edit pencil icon).
For help with questions about PTAB E2E, contact PTAB at 571-272-7822 or email PTABE2Eadmin@uspto.gov,