Starting October 11, all PTAB E2E users will migrate to the new P-TACTS platform. In anticipation of this deployment, PTAB E2E system will be unavailable starting 5 p.m. Sunday, October 9 through 11 p.m. Monday, October 10 EST. Please note, October 10 is a federal holiday and the USPTO offices are closed.
PTAB E2E Users who have an existing MyUSPTO account:
- If the email address you used to register for the MyUSPTO account is the same as your current PTAB E2E account, no further action from you is required at this time.
- If the email address you used to register for the MyUSPTO account is different from your current PTAB E2E account, you must register for a new MyUSPTO account that matches the same email address.
- The email address serves as your primary identification when logging into any USPTO system.
PTAB E2E Users who do NOT have a MyUSPTO account:
- You must use your current PTAB E2E email address to register for your MyUSPTO account.
- Once you have created an account, you will receive a MyUSPTO account activation email within 1 hour. If you do not see this email, check your junk/spam mailbox.
- When you receive the activation email, you will have 48 hours to activate the account.
About MyUSPTO Account & P-TACTS:
- The email address used to create a MyUSPTO account will be linked with other USPTO systems and will become your primary identification when logging into the new P-TACTS system.
- For more information and support regarding MyUSPTO account, you can access the help page here.
You can access MyUSPTO at the upper right-hand corner of the USPTO homepage or click on the link https://my.uspto.gov.
If you have any questions or need support, contact P-TACTS admin at
PTABP-TACTSAdmin@uspto.gov or contact the Patent Trial and Appeal Board at 571-272-7822.