EFS-Web is the United States Patent and Trademark Office’s (USPTO’s) Web-based patent application and document submission solution. Using EFS-Web, anyone with a Web-enabled computer can file patent applications and documents without downloading special software or changing document preparation tools and processes.
EFS-Web utilizes standard Web-based screens and prompts to enable you to submit patent application documents in PDF format directly to the USPTO within minutes. When creating your PDF documents, you choose the tool, process and workflow with which you author your documents, convert them to standard PDF files and then submit them to USPTO's secure servers. Additionally, EFS-Web allows submission of PCT-EASY .ZIP compressed files to submit International PCT applications and ASCII text files (.TXT) to submit your bio-sequence listings, computer program listings, mega tables, etc. EFS-Web is safe, simple and secure and gives you all of the same benefits as paper filings, including an electronic receipt that acknowledges your submission date.
- Launch EFS-Web Registered eFiler - for enhanced filing, follow-on processing, saved submissions and more
- Launch EFS-Web Unregistered eFiler - for basic initial filing of new patent applications
- Launch EFS-Web Contingency Unregistered eFiler - for basic initial filing of new patent applications when the primary portal to EFS-Web has an unscheduled outage
- EFS-Web Announcements - recent and archived announcements, links to view availability of business systems and alerts
- EFS-Web Resources - instructions for becoming a Registered eFiler, system requirements, EFS-Web eForms, and other useful information and links
- ePetitions - information and guidance on filing ePetitions
- eTerminal Disclaimer - information and guidance on filing an eTerminal Disclaimer
The Patent Electronic Business Center is open Monday - Friday, to help you with technical issues regarding EFS-Web. From 6:00 a.m. to 12 Midnight Eastern Time email email@example.com or call 866-217-9197.