Thank you for visiting. The AIA Trial Roundtables concluded on May 8, 2014. Materials related to the roundtables are listed below.
USPTO Patent Trial and Appeal Board to Visit a City Near You for AIA Trial Roundtables in 2014
The Patent Trial and Appeal Board of the United States Patent and Trademark Office is hosting roundtables to share information about the new AIA trials (i.e., inter partes reviews, post grant reviews, covered business method reviews, and derivations) including statistics, lessons learned, and techniques for successful motions practice. The Board is interested in receiving feedback about the trials and will feature a panel discussion to elicit public input. At each roundtable, at least five administrative patent judges will participate and be available for questions and conversation.
Tuesday, April 15
New York City, NY
Thursday, April 17
New York Law School
Tuesday, April 22
Chicago Public Library
Thursday, April 24
Cooley Law School
Silicon Valley, CA
Tuesday, April 29
Santa Clara University
Thursday, May 1
University of Washington
Tuesday, May 6
Dallas Bar Association
Thursday, May 8
Colorado Bar Association Office
* Also accessible via webcast.
NOTE: PTAB AIA Trial Roundtables will start at 1 p.m. and end at 5 p.m., local time.
Roundtables are free and open to all with seating available on a first-come, first-served basis.
No registration is required.
Alexandria, VA Webcast - April 15, 2014
- Link for Recorded Event: https://new.livestream.com/uspto/PTABAIA
Denver, CO Webcast - May 8, 2014
- A recording is not currently available.
- Agenda [PDF]
- PTAB Roundtable Slides (Denver) [PDF]
- PTAB Roundtable Slides (Alexandria) [PDF]
- Listing of Inter Partes Review Terminated as of April 2, 2014 [PDF]
- Mock Conference Script
- AIA Trial Rules
- AIA Trial Practice Guide
- Representative AIA Trial Orders, Decisions, and Notices
- Patent Review Processing System (PRPS)
- AIA Trial Statistics
Administrative Patent Judge Recruiting
- APJ Recruitment brochure [PDF]