File and search IPR, CBM, PGR and DER AIA Review cases
- Instructions to login to PTAB E2E
- Note you will need to change your password every 180 days.
- Individuals who prefer to search do not need to create a user id and password.
- Just enter your search criteria on the “PTAB Search” page
- You will need to answer the CAPTCHA to prove that you are not robot.
- Click on the search button
1. Only PDF and MPEG format files (MPEG, MPG, MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, M1A, M2A, M1V, MPA, MPV) may be uploaded in PTAB E2E. Password-protected files will not be accepted. For text documents, such as MS Word® documents, users are encouraged to convert the document directly into a text-searchable PDF file, rather than printing the document and scanning it in as a PDF file.
2. To request a conference call for a particular case (e.g., to request authorization to file a motion), contact the Board at Trials@uspto.gov (link sends e-mail)
. The email should copy the other party or parties to the proceeding, indicate generally the relief being requested or the subject matter of the conference call, state whether the opposing party or parties oppose the request, and include times when all parties are available. Unless otherwise authorized, do not include attachments in the email and do not use the Trials@uspto.gov (link sends e-mail)
email address for substantive communications to the Board. Parties may also contact the Board by telephone at (571) 272-7822
3. Effective March 19, 2013, new fees will be charged for filing a petition for an inter partes review, post-grant review, or covered business method patent review. See Setting and Adjusting Patent Fees, 78 Fed. Reg. 4212, 4291 (37 C.F.R. § 42.15), available at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013-01-18/pdf/2013-00819.pdf (link is external); also see FAQs E6-E7.
4. Effective March 16, 2013, an applicant for a first inventor-to-file patent may file a derivation petition. See FAQs I1-I5.
5. Effective January 14, 2013 (effective date of the AIA Technical Corrections Act), a petitioner may file an inter partes review petition challenging a first-to-invent patent or reissue patent upon issuance including during the first nine months after issuance.
6. Petitioner can pay for their petition using another individual's account if they have authorization.
- The petitioner must create an account via MyUSPTO (if one does not already exist)
- Contact the individual who’s account the petitioner will be using to pay for the AIA trial.
- This person must be the administrator of the payment account in Financial Manager.
- The administrator of the payment account will add the new user. (Information may be found at Financial Manager user permissions)
- Once the account is set up, then the new user will be able to pay for the AIA Trial.
- Additional information may be found at Financial Manager Help.
7. Your Chrome browser cache must be cleared to see the latest changes - To clear your browser cache click here
Special Boardside Chat - PTAB E2E Demo - June 23, 2016
- Provides information on how to use PTAB E2E (updated Oct. 14, 2017)
- Provides questions to commonly asked questions
- Starting Nov. 18, 2017, you will be able to upload MP4 files limited to 25 MB in size.
PTAB E2E will get an update which will standardize the menu dropdown options for the users when they upload documents. The edit pencil icon will include a dropdown for filing documents related to either Motions, Rehearing and Appeal and the AIA Actions dropdown will include an Other Documents option (which is the same as the edit pencil icon).
For questions in regards to PTAB E2E, you can contact PTAB at 571-272-7822.
Email questions to PTABE2EADMIN@uspto.gov
Click here to download pdf plugins.