This page includes information about proceedings conducted by the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, including inter partes review, post-grant review, the transitional post-grant review for covered business method patents, derivations, and interferences.
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board End to End (PTAB E2E)
- Patent Review Processing System (PRPS) - retired on December 10, 2016, please use PTAB E2E to access all AIA trials.
PTAB E2E (for IPR, CBM, PGR) and PRPS (for Derivations) are the PTAB's e-filing and case management system.
A link to PTAB E2E, external user guides, PTAB-E2E-related FAQs are located at PTAB E2E.
A chart listing differences in petitioner, estoppel, standard, and basis for
Inter Partes Review, Post Grant Review, and Covered Business Methods.
- AIA Inter Partes Disputes
- Amendments to the Rules of Practice for Trials Before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board; Correction April 27, 2016
- PTAB Final Rule changes to AIA trial practice, April 1, 2016
- Trial Rules
- Practice Guide [PDF]
- Representative Orders, Decisions, and Notices
- Guidance on Motions to Amend After Aqua Products (November 21, 2017)
- America Invents Act (AIA) Trial Roundtables, April 15 to May 8, 2014
- Detroit Region Roadshow, November 5 to 19, 2014
- Inquiries regarding AIA reviews should be directed to Trials@USPTO.gov (link sends e-mail)
- Webinar on Request for Comments about AIA Trials through October 16, 2014
- Suggestion Box
NOTE: Some material listed on this page may require a plug-in or viewer, available here.