Patent Review Processing System Preview
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) will preview the new electronic filing system for the trials established under the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act. The preview will take place from 10 am - noon on Thursday, September 6, 2012. Representatives from the Patent Trial and Appeal Board will demonstrate the new Patent Review Processing System (PRPS) and show how to register to use the system, to file a petition seeking a trial, to pay petition fees, to join the proceeding as a patent owner and to file motions and other documents. The preview will be helpful for any practitioners or administrative personnel who anticipate filing documents in the new proceedings beginning September 16, 2012 (inter partes review, post-grant review, and the transitional program for covered business methods). There will also be an opportunity to ask questions. You may attend electronically or in person.
The preview will include:
- A brief overview of the new trials available on September 16, 2012
- A brief overview of the Patent Trial and Appeal Board home page resources
- An extended panel presentation of the PRPS filing and record management system
- A panel answering questions
The live preview will happen in the North Auditorium (concourse level) of the Madison Building at the USPTO's Alexandria Campus (600 Dulany Street, Alexandria, Virginia).
The preview will also be broadcast via WebEx:
- Date and Time: Thursday, September 6, 2012 10:00 am, Eastern Daylight Time (GMT-04:00)
- Event number: 991 880 392
- Event password: 123456
- Event address for attendees: https://uspto-events.webex.com/uspto-events/onstage/g.php?d=991880392&t=a
WebEx participants will be able to submit questions through the WebEx chat session.
If you have questions about this event, please call 571-272-7822.