Exploring the Legal Contours of Patent Subject Matter Eligibility.
Over the past six years, the U.S. Supreme Court has issued a series of decisions—Bilski, Mayo, Myriad, and Alice—that have significantly impacted patent eligibility law and continue to generate substantial public debate.
This second roundtable focused on receiving feedback regarding larger questions concerning the legal contours of eligible subject matter in the U.S. patent system. Additional details about the roundtables are in a Federal Register Notice published October 17, 2016.
Webcast: The roundtable is available for viewing via live webcast.
Agenda: RT2 Agenda
- Panel 1: Neil Thomas, Frank Bernstein
- Panel 2: Chirag Patel
- Panel 3: Steve Backmann, Eric Sutton
- Panel 4: Benjamin Jackson, Konstantin Linnik
- Panel 6: Jennifer Kuhn, Colleen Chien, Patrick Giblin, Kim Rubin
- Panel 7: Robert Armitage, Peter Mennell
- Full Presentation: Final Roundtable 2 Presentations
Transcript: Final Roundtable 2 Transcript
Additional information regarding current Subject Matter Eligibility policies can be found here.