The USPTO is leading a Patent Quality Roundtable on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 from 2-5 pm MST at the USPTO Rocky Mountain Regional Office in conjunction with the IP Committee of the Colorado Chapter of the Association for Corporate Counsel (ACC) and the IP Section of the Colorado Bar Association. Members of the bar, local patent community and public-at-large are invited to come together with USPTO officials and share ideas, experiences and insights on patent quality. This open forum will provide an opportunity for all to participate in an informal discussion of topics related to patent quality.
2:00 – 3:00 Update on the Enhanced Patent Quality Initiative (EPQI)
3:00 – 3:45 Improving Patent Quality through Remote Examiner Interviews
3:45 – 5:00 Clarity of the Record – A Shared Responsibility
- Kathleen Bragdon, Ph.D., Senior Advisor to the Deputy Commissioner for Patent Quality, USPTO
- Robin Evans, Interim Regional Director, USPTO Rocky Mountain Regional Office
- Tom Hughes, Senior Advisor to the Deputy Commissioner for Patent Quality, USPTO
- Aaron Brodsky, Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, Trimble Navigation Limited
- Benjamin Fernandez, Partner, WilmerHale
- Adam Gianola, Associate, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- Mollybeth (Molly) Kocialski, Senior Patent Counsel, Oracle
- Gordon Lindeen, Partner, Blakely Sokoloff Taylor Zafman LLP
- Mary (Mindy) V. Sooter, Partner, WilmerHale
- David D. Wier, Vice President & Assistant General Counsel, Level 3 Communications
This in-person event is free and open to the public.
For inquiries, please email Kathleen Bragdon at email@example.com.
For more details on the Enhanced Patent Quality Initiative, visit: