Scientific and Technical Information Center (STIC) Library Public Access Information
The Scientific and Technical Information Center is open to the public.
Scientific and Technical Information Center
|Location||Remsen Building, Lobby Level – Room 1D58|
400 Dulany Street
|Access||By Appointment Only|
|Hours||Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
Closed weekends and federal holidays.
|Services||STIC staff are available to assist users during open hours.|
The collection consists of documents in electronic, print, and micro formats:
- Foreign patents from 73 countries and patent issuing authorities.
- Non–patent literature including a specialized collection of resources in the biological and chemical fields.
Internet sites of the following patent granting authorities are accessible from Foreign Patent
Universal Public Workstations (UPWS) are also available:
- Access the Web-Based Examiner Search Tool (WEST)
- Access the Examiner Automated Search Tool (EAST)
- Search full document text of U.S. patents issued since 1971
- Search classification and OCR text for U.S. patents issued from 1920 to 1970
- View or print U.S. patent images from 1970 to the present
- Search STIC On Line Catalog (note: electronic resources found in the catalog are not accessible by public patrons)
U. S. Patents from UPWS:
- $0.25 per page, collected at the workstation via USPTO debit card
- There is no fee to use the system
- Full text copies of foreign patents may be requested by telephone (571-272-3547) or fax (571-273-0025).
- $25.00, payable by USPTO deposit account, money order, or major credit card
- $0.25 per page (print or microfilm), payable by USPTO debit card
Debit cards may be purchased at the cashier window near the Public Search Facility located in Madison East, Lobby level.