Electronic Official Gazette - Patents (eOG:P)
Patent Help - Electronic Official Gazette - Patents (eOG:P) - Basics
Are published patents the only content in the eOG:P?
No. The eOG:P contains a section called "Patent and Trademark Office Notices." In that section, each week, the following information is published:
- Expired Patents: Patents that expire due to failure to pay required maintenance fees. These patent numbers are published approximately 3 months after expiration.
- Patents Reinstated: Patents reinstated due to the acceptance of a late maintenance fee.
- Reissue Applications: Patents filed as reissues.
- Reexams: Patents requested to be reexamined .
- Certificates of Correction: Patents granted certificates to correct previously published material.
Summaries of final decisions issued by the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
In addition to the information published in the section entitled Patent & Trademark Office Notices, the following is also published in the eOG:P:
- Errata: Correction of erroneous previously published material.
- Service by Publication: Notification to cancel a trademark registration within 30 days, pending appearance of a registrant, assignee, or legal representative.
- Registration to Practice: Names of individuals who have received provisional recognition to prepare and prosecute patent applications.
- Notices from the Solicitor's Office: Notices to the public regarding changes and updates in Patent rules and regulations and/or other patent-related items.
- Reclassification Reports: Lists newly established, deleted, or reclassified classes & subclasses, revised every 3 months.
- Other Miscellaneous information of interest to the public.