The USPTO will perform maintenance affecting several systems beginning at 12:01 a.m., Sunday, August 25 and ending at 8 a.m., Sunday, August 25 ET.
The following systems and systems that interface with these systems will be unavailable during the maintenance period:
- Electronic Freedom of Information Act (eFOIA)
- Electronic Filing System Web (EFS-Web & EFS-Web Contingency)
- Office of Enrollment and Discipline Roster of Patent Attorneys/Agents (OEDCI)
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board End-to-End System (PTAB-E2E)
- Private Patent Application Information Retrieval (Private PAIR)
- Public Patent Application Information Retrieval (Public PAIR)
- Publication Site for Issued and Published Sequences (PSIPS)
- Financial Manager and Patent Maintenance Fees Storefront
- Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS)
- Trademark Electronic Application System International (TEASi)
- Trademark Official Gazette (TMOG)
- Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS)
The maintenance will also cause interruptions to payment processing for users of the Electronic Trademark Assignment Search (ETAS), the Order Entry Management System (OEMS), the Electronic System for Trademark Trials and Appeals (ESTTA), and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board End to End (PTAB-E2E).
For Patent Customers:
For more information about filing documents during an outage, please visit https://www.uspto.gov/patents-application-process/filing-online/filing-documents-during-outage. If you have questions, please contact the EBC (Patent Electronic Business Center) at 1-866-217-9197 Monday through Friday from 6AM - Midnight ET, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For PTAB Customers:
If your deadline is today for the petition filing and/or other associated documents to a pending AIA case and you cannot file electronically via the Patent Trial and Appeal Board End-to-End System (PTAB-E2E), you may use an alternative filing method. Please visit the PTAB-E2E FAQ page https://www.uspto.gov/patents-application-process/patent-trial-and-appeal-board/ptab-e2e-frequently-asked-questions and see A2 for information concerning your AIA petition filing and/or document filing using PTAB-E2E alternative filing methods. If you have any questions, contact PTAB during normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET by telephone at 571-272-7822 or email at Trials@uspto.gov.
For Trademark Customers:
If your deadline is today and the document requiring a fee payment cannot be filed electronically, you must use an alternative method of filing. Please visit the Trademark Outage Page for information concerning Trademark alternative filing methods. If you have any questions, contact the TEAS Team by email TEAS@uspto.gov.
For TTAB Customers:
If your deadline is today and the document cannot be filed electronically, you must use an alternative method of filing. Please visit the TTAB Outage Page for information concerning Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) alternative filing methods. If you have any questions, contact the TTAB Assistance Center during normal business hours by telephone at 571-272-8500 or email TTABInfo@uspto.gov.
The USPTO will perform maintenance on the Trademark Next Generation (TMNG) systems beginning at 10 p.m., Saturday, August 24 and ending at 5:30 a.m., Monday, August 26 ET.
The following systems will be impacted:
- Trademark Next Generation ID Manual (TMNG-IDM) will not be available.
- Trademark Official Gazette (TMOG) will not be available. You can access recent PDF versions of the gazette on the Trademark Official Gazette webpage. For archived PDF versions of gazettes dating back to 2001, visit the archive editions page.
- Trademark Status and Document Retrieval (TSDR) will be available, but all documents may not be viewable.
- Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS) initial application forms will not be available.
Posted at 03:03PM Aug 23, 2019 in Planned Events |