Fee Processing Maintenance
The USPTO will perform system maintenance on fee payment processing beginning at 12 a.m., Saturday, March 14 and ending at 8 a.m., Saturday, March 14 ET.
The following UPTO storefronts will be unavailable during the deployment window:
- Electronic Filing System (EFS-Web) and EFS-Web Contingency
- Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS)
- Trademark Electronic Application System international (TEASi)
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB E2E)
- Electronic System for Trademark Trials and Appeals (ESTTA)
- Electronic Trademark Assignment System (ETAS)
- Patent Maintenance Fees Storefront (FPNG)
- Certified Copy Center (CCC)
- Office of Enrollment and Discipline-Customer Interface (OED-CI)
For Patent Customers:
For more information about filing documents during an outage, please visit: https://www.uspto.gov/patents-application-process/filing-online/filing-documents-during-outage.
If you have questions, please contact the Patent Electronic Business Center (EBC) at 1-866-217-9197, Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to midnight ET, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For PTAB Customers:
If your deadline is today for the petition filing and/or other associated documents to a pending America Invents Act (AIA) case and you cannot file electronically via the Patent Trial and Appeal Board End-to-End (PTAB E2E) System, you may use an alternative filing method. Please visit the PTAB-E2E FAQ page: https://www.uspto.gov/patents-application-process/patent-trial-and-appeal-board/ptab-e2e-frequently-asked-questions and see A2 for information concerning your America Invents Act (AIA) petition filing and/or document filing using PTAB-E2E alternative filing methods.
If you have any questions, contact PTAB during normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., ET by telephone at 571-272-7822 or email at Trials@uspto.gov.
For Trademark Customers:
If your deadline is today and the document requiring a fee payment cannot be filed electronically, you must use an alternative method of filing. Please visit the TEAS Outage page for information concerning Trademark alternative filing methods: https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-application-process/filing-online/filing-documents-during-outage.
If you have any questions, contact the TEAS Team by email at TEAS@uspto.gov.
For TTAB Customers:
If your deadline is today and the document cannot be filed electronically, you must use an alternative method of filing. Please visit the TTAB Outage Page: https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-application-process/appealing-trademark-decisions/filing-ttab-documents-during-outage for information concerning Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) alternative filing methods. If you have any questions, contact the TTAB Assistance Center during normal business hours by telephone at 571-272-8500 or email TTABInfo@uspto.gov.
TEAS and TEASi System Maintenance
The USPTO will perform maintenance on the Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS) and Trademark Electronic Application System International (TEASi) on Saturday, March 14, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. ET.
During the maintenance period, TEAS and TEASi will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Multiple Systems Maintenance
The USPTO will perform maintenance affecting multiple systems beginning at 12:01 a.m., Saturday, March 14 and ending at 5 a.m., Saturday, March 14 ET.
The following systems and systems that interface with these systems will be unavailable during the maintenance period:
- EFS-Web for Registered eFilers
- Private PAIR
- Sponsorship Tool
If you need to file a follow-on submission, use an alternative filing method.
If you have questions, please contact the Patent Electronic Business Center (EBC) at (866) 217-9197 during their operating hours of 6 a.m. to midnight, Monday - Friday ET, or email email@example.com
Trademark System Maintenance
The USPTO will perform maintenance on the Trademark TMNG systems beginning at 10 p.m., Saturday, March 14 and ending by 5:30 a.m., Sunday, March 15 ET.
The following systems will be impacted:
- Trademark Next Generation ID Manual (TMNG-IDM) will not be available.
- Trademark Official Gazette (TMOG) will not be available. You can access recent PDF versions of the gazette on the Trademark Official Gazette webpage. For archived PDF versions of gazettes dating back to 2001, visit the archived editions page.
- Trademark Status and Document Retrieval (TSDR) will be available with reduced functionality.
- Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS) initial application forms will not be available.
The USPTO will be deploying new features and performing maintenance on the Developer Hub (DH) (https://developer.uspto.gov) capability beginning at 12 a.m., Friday March 13 and ending at 2 a.m., Friday, March 13 ET.
Please note, users may experience a momentary outage during this maintenance period.
New site features include:
- Updated Site Design with improved navigation, layout, and website statistics
- Developer Hub "Chatbot" tool to answer FAQs and direct users to resources available on the site
- Minor enhancements and resolution of defects
Posted at 08:17AM Mar 10, 2020 in Planned Events |