Advancing Patent Quality across the IP Community
As part of the Enhanced Patent Quality Initiative, please join the Silicon Valley USPTO in San Jose to participate remotely in the public conference at USPTO headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia. The Silicon Valley USPTO will join the live conference at 9:15 AM PT via webcast. At the conclusion of the live broadcast from USPTO headquarters, we will view the earlier portions of the conference (previously recorded).
This full-day conference is in partnership with the Duke Law Center for Innovation Policy and Santa Clara Law’s High Tech Law Institute, and will be highlighted by USPTO Director Michelle K. Lee who will provide the keynote address focused on the future impact of patent quality in the greater IP community.
The Agenda for Patent Quality Conference -- Silicon Valley Regional Office (PT) (287.72 KB) will also include:
- A Report on the Results of the Many Programs of Enhanced Patent Quality Initiative (EPQI)
- A Series of Panel Discussions
- Current and Former Judges Discussing Patent Quality and its Impact in the U.S. Courts
- A Discussion of International Quality Efforts
- Steps Applicants can take to Help Enhance Patent Quality
- Proposed Next Steps in Advancing Patent Quality
- An Ethics Briefing (application for MCLE credit has been submitted to the CA State Bar)
IP prosecutors, litigators, corporate counsel, jurists, academics, economists, business leaders, innovators, IP owners, students and others familiar with the patent prosecution process are all welcome to participate in this interactive program.
One hour of MCLE credit in legal ethics will be offered, pending approval from the State Bar of California. The event is free and open to the public with limited space.
Please REGISTER for the event at Silicon Valley USPTO by December 12, 2016.
Please note that the Silicon Valley USPTO is a federal facility. Visitors are required to show a valid form of government-issued identification (drivers license or passport) and may be subject to security screening.
For more information regarding the Patent Quality Conference being held at USPTO headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia.