The seminar will provide an in-depth presentation on the Inventor’s Oath or Declaration patent provisions of the America Invents Act (AIA) and the Patent Law Treaty (PLT). Information will be provided about:
- naming, correcting and/or changing the applicant;
- setting or correcting inventorship;
- signature requirements for the inventor’s oath or declaration (e.g., declarations, substitute statements);
- tips for application data sheets and powers of attorney, and
- helpful hints related to the Patent Law Treaty as well as general prosecution tips.
This seminar is intended for paralegals, patent attorneys/agents and others who seek an advanced understanding of filing patent applications.
The event is free and open to the public with limited space, please register here by August 22, 2016.
Please note that the Silicon Valley USPTO is a federal facility. Attendees are required to present a valid form of government-issued identification (driver license or passport) and may be subject to security screening to gain access.
Mark Polutta, Senior Legal Advisor, Office of Patent Legal Administration, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)