The Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC) at Hawaii State Library will host a two-part intellectual property (IP) seminar featuring John Cabeca, Director of the West Coast Regional U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Part 1: IP Strategy Is a Business Strategy
- Overview of Types of Intellectual Property
- Why Startups and Entrepreneurs Should Consider Protecting IP
- Resources from the USPTO
Part 2: Patent 101
- Nuts and Bolts of Patents
- Patent Application Process
- USPTO Resources for Patent Applicants
The event is free and open to the public with limited space, please register directly to the Hawaii State Library PTRC by calling 808-586-3477.
A Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC) is part of a nationwide network of public, state, and academic libraries designated by the USPTO to support the public with trademark and patent assistance. For more information about the PTRC program and where to find a PTRC located near you, please visit here.