Navigating Through the Invention Process: From Idea to Product to Market
Got an idea but don't know where to start? Presented by the Licensing Executive Society Silicon Valley Chapter (www.LES-SVC.org) and the California Invention Center (www.californiainventioncenter.org), this series will guide you through turning ideas into new ventures. From researching and protecting your invention to packaging and marketing you product, each course targets steps you need for a successful product launch.
Part 2: How to Protect Your Invention
From intellectual property to licensing, what you need to know to protect your invention as you transition from idea to product. Experts from the USPTO and LES-SVC share resources & answer your questions.
- Overview of intellectual property types: patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets
- Why innovators and entrepreneurs should consider protecting their IP?
- Understanding the risks of early disclosure
- What types of resources and assistance are available through the USPTO?
- What is the patentability of my invention and how do I apply for a patent?
This event is free and open to the public. Space is limited. Please register here by June 2, 2017.
Please note that the Silicon Valley USPTO is a federal facility. Attendees are required to present a valid form of government-issued identification (driver license or passport) and may be subject to screening to gain access.